Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Featured Shop: scandeez.etsy.com !
1) What is your shop name, and why did you choose it?
Scandeez was taken from a little name I like to called us Scandinavians.
2) Where are you located?
I am located in 2 different cities. Omaha, NE & New Braunfels, TX. I live in Omaha & my boyfriend lives in New Braunfels. My business travels with me when I go to visit him. I will stay there up to several weeks at a time.
3) What charities do you support?
I am a huge animal lover, so I tend to support those causes that help them. I am especially fond of funding the stopping of puppy mills. Those little ones have the worst conditions and treatment, it just breaks my heart to see how they live and how poor of condition they are in.
4) Do you participate in any other groups, and if so, which ones?
I also belong to EstyKids and Etsy for Animals.
5) What's the one material your shop can't live without?
That's a tough one! I would have to say reclaimed leather. My Moks just wouldn't quite look the same in a different material.
6) What is your favorite item that you have purchased off of Etsy?
I bought the cutest crystal flower stitch markers from sunneshine for my knitting :) They have a lite pink swirl center and could also be worn as a pendant, or put on some hoop earrings as a charm.
7) When you aren't being a "Super(wo)man of crafting," what is your "Clark Kent" dayjob?
My dayjob is an independent financial representative. I am self employed all the way around and LOVE IT! Some weeks I work Etsy full time. I'm very fortunate to be able to move back and forth between the two as needed.
8) If I could sell one item from my shop today, it would be...
My camo Moks :) Those frogs are just too inquisitive and really need to visit a new home :)
9) If I had enough money to pick one item on my wishlist from another Etsy for Charity members' shop to buy, it would be...
earthy arabesque bracelet John and Vickie from designsbykat619. This is a sad story and I love this bracelet! Since we are a group all about helping others, this is a perfect item.
10) If you had 30 seconds to give an impromptu infomercial on your store - what would it be?
Scandeez is the place for children's items with a Scandinavian flair. I use reclaimed leather and all natural fabrics for my items. I believe that from nature is best and also to reuse whenever I can. I have found that reusing can create some very beautiful, intrinsic values that new can't ever produce. I am of Scandinavian descent, particularly Sweden and Denmark. I love the approach and feel they have for design. It is clean, simple, yet very modern and classic. Also the use of color is incredible!
11) What are your top four favorite items you have currently listed in your store?
Paw print Moks; http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10164878
Cherries Moks; http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9826588
Frog Camo Moks; http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9873949
Flower Leather Ponytail Holders; http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9605854
What mycatlulu thinks of scandeez's store:
What I like about scandeez's store is this: I like that 10% of every sale goes to helping animals.
Here's my favorite item listed in her shop: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10726357
although much to small for me :)
**If you would like to have your shop featured in our Etsy for Charity blog, please convo Creations4Causes on the Etsy site, or leave Creations4Causes a message on her Etsy for Charity profile page.**