1) What is your shop name, and why did you choose it?
Ayana Creations. I originally was going to include my name. I was thinking about Crystal Florals or Crystal's Bead Flowers. I also considered Flower Creations. None of these appealed to me, so I decided to look up African names to tie in my heritage. Thankfully Ayana was at the beginning of the alphabet. Ayana means "beautiful flower" in Ethiopian and fits perfectly with what I do. I make beautiful flower creations.
2) Where are you located (city, state or country)?
Richmond, VA, USA
3) What charities do you support?
I currently support Go Red for Women, which is a national movement founded by the American Heart Association. The mission is to raise awareness of heart disease, which is the number one killer of American women. I have a family history of heart disease, which is why I originally chose this charity. I recently found out that I have high blood pressure, which could lead to heart disease.
4) Do you participate in any other groups, and if so, which ones?
Yes I do. Richmond Etsy Street Team, Etsy Artists of Color
5) What's one material your shop can't live without?
My shop cannot live without floral tape, which is the "glue" that holds my flowers together.
6) What is your favorite item that you have purchased off of Etsy?
So far I've only purchased supplies off of Etsy. My favorite one is a unique solid robles wood with blacklip shell inlay because I bought so I can make something for myself. :D
7) When you aren't being a "Super(wo)man of crafting", what is your "Clark Kent" day job?
I am currently a social work graduate student and administrative support for a doctor's office. I will be graduating in May so I am looking for full time employment.
8) If I could sell one item from my shop today, it would be...
this moss rose and ivy brooch
9) If I had enough money to pick one item on my wishlist from another Etsy for Charity member's store to buy, it would be...
The 3 Blossoms cards from mvegan5
10) If you had 30 seconds to give an impromptu infomercial on your store, what would you say?
Beautiful beaded flowers, jewelry and gifts for any occassion or just becuase. My flowers can be used for decorating, just like real and silk flowers. They make wonderful alternatives to real flowers for those who have allergies or curious pets and children. What makes them unique is that they can be passed down as heirlooms and they truly are works of art. The best thing about beaded flowers is that you don't need a green thumb because they never die.
11) What are the top 4 fave items currently listed in your store?
This cute basket of lilies
These Hollow Rose Earrings, which I absolutely love
The mini-me apple blossoms that will bring good fortune
These beaded orchids
What scandeez thinks of ayanacreations' store:
What I like about ayanacreations shop is this: She has the most intriquite and amazing flowers! I could see them as a wonderful bouquet in any room or event. The attention to detail is wonderful! Spring has arrived everytime you visit her shop :)
This is my favorite item in her shop http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6952605.
**If you would like to have your shop featured in our Etsy for Charity blog, please convo Creations4Causes on the Etsy site, or leave Creations4Causes a message on her Etsy for Charity profile page.**